Sometimes

I guess sometimes you have to shed huge tears
So that you appreciate the tears of joy that much more.

I guess sometimes you have to scream crazy loud
So that your nice voice rings sweeter.

I guess sometimes you have to say things you don't mean
So that the ones you do mean hold more meaning.

I guess sometimes your heart has to feel broken
So that you realize the happiness when it sings.

I guess sometimes you have to lose your patience
So that when you find it, you hold onto it tighter.

I guess sometimes you have to have an angry side
So that your pleasant side makes more of a statement.

I guess sometimes you have to feel lost
So that being found is that much more comforting.

I guess sometimes you have to feel like you have no one
So that when your someone is there, their arms wrap warmer.

I hope that there are all these "sometimes"
Or else today was really for nothing.

Yes, I had one of "those" days.  One of those days that is thrown at us so that we appreciate the better days.  One of those days where my kids decided they had been giving me too much of a good thing.  One of those days where I had to EARN my huge salary.  One of those days where I'm really thankful I have this place.  This place where I can shed my tears and my words... and feel better tomorrow.  Thanks for that.

13 comments:

amber_mtmc said...

One of those days. I feel you. I really do. I hope that a good cry, and writing, made your day a little less horrible.

What a lovely poem for an obviously painful day. As you said, these days help us remember the good days.

Shell said...

That's beautiful.

I hope tomorrow is better.

I can't find my blog said...

Lovely post, even if you had to have a sucktastic day to write it. ((hugs))

Nicki said...

Beautiful words to help take away the pain for a day that you want to forget.

Carrie @ Who Knew? said...

A horrible day and yet, a truly beautiful post.

I hope tomorrow is a better day.

Aidan Donnelley Rowley @ Ivy League Insecurities said...

Ah, yes. The "sometimes." I believe your words. And deeply. It is all about that keen contrast, the devilish dichotomy. Laughter wouldn't be gold without tears. Rainbows wouldn't be heralded without stormy skies. This blog world wouldn't be what it is without periodic pain and struggle and exasperation.

Your words are wise and I hope shedding them here, in this place, helps in some small way.

TKW said...

Oh dear. Yes, indeed, it's days like the one you had that justifies our GINORMOUS paycheck. ((hugs))

Corine (@ComplicatedMama) said...

Hang in there-- I had one of those days yesterday as well.

... pay check though?? you get a paycheck??... I need to renegotiate my mommy contract I think lol

Corinne Cunningham said...

Oh hun! I'm so sorry you had a rough day, but you're right. We wouldn't be able to appreciate the fantastic (even just normal) days if it weren't for the craptastic ones.
Hope today is better!

kBw said...

I'm sorry you had a rough day. You post is beautiful though. I hope that today is a much better day for you! (Stopping by from SITS) xo, KA

Mullet Over said...

Wow do I feel it in that poem. Right to my gut - its nice to know we aren't alone and we all have those scary, difficult days.

Time to schedule a reward for yourself for not losing it and throwing your desk (or kid!) out the window!!

Lindsey said...

I can't say it better than everyone else, but I'll just say:

I know. Been there. You're not alone.

xox

Anonymous said...

Here's hoping that today is going better than yesterday. xoxo

Post a Comment

My Blog List



Mama's Drama Club

Put some faces to the names

Tim

Tim
Bringer of the Bacon

Mama

Mama
User of the Bacon

Luke

Luke
Bacon Thrower

Hannah

Hannah
Bacon Grabber

Followers