fat lip friday lives on!


Surprisingly, I got a bunch (can 3 qualify as a bunch?) of emails today asking where my latest installment of Fat Lip Friday is.  I think they were all more curious and hopeful that they'd be able to hear a great story of how the fat lip was induced by me.  Although there was one person, that shall remain nameless, that I would have taken great pleasure in bopping in the mouth for their incompetence, unfortunately Fat Lip Friday lived on but in the form of my 4.5 year old daughter.  Luke kept his face off the floor and away from sharp corners but Hannah managed to slam her mouth into her "nap cubby container".  This is the plastic container that houses her blanket and sheet for nap time at school and how she managed to slam her face into it is beyond me.  But there it was when I picked her up from school... a swollen red bottom lip and a few spots of blood on her dress to add to the drama.   The biggest difference between Fat Lip Luke and Fat Lip Hannah is that Hannah likes to "work it" for as long as she can.  "Mommy, I think all I'll be able to eat for dinner is a cream cheese and jelly sandwich.  Everything else will hurt."  Mind you, if Hannah eats one more cream cheese  and jelly sandwich a week she very well could turn into one.  "Mommy, I think I need to have a popsicle before dinner to make it feel better."  "Mommy, I don't think I can brush my teeth tonight because it will bleed again".  "Mommy, I think I need to lay down and watch more TV, my mouth still hurts."  And I didn't mean to say it out loud but all that could come out of my mouth was..."Hannah would you like some cheese with your WIIIINNNE?".   And THAT my friends, is NOT what you say to a 4 year old in a delicate state.   Not quite as bad as when I told her she was acting like a crazy person when she was throwing a tantrum, but close.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List



Mama's Drama Club

Put some faces to the names

Tim

Tim
Bringer of the Bacon

Mama

Mama
User of the Bacon

Luke

Luke
Bacon Thrower

Hannah

Hannah
Bacon Grabber

Followers