Gee Thanks!!


So yesterday something really cool happened. I have been trying to figure out what to compare it to when considering the other accomplishments in my life and I've decided it's somewhere between winning "Best Dressed" in my high school superlatives (although a little less superficial), and being nominated captain of my field hockey team in high school (with a little less responsibility). It's just one of those things that I can't help smiling when I think about. It must be how Dooce from her blog Dooce felt when told she was voted as one of the 100 most powerful women in the world (was it the world? I think it was the world or at least this country - either way impressive). Ok, maybe she felt a LITTLE more excited than I'm feeling but not much. The suspense is killing you huh? So, I was given this award... this "Your Blog is Fabulous" award from my friend at The Adventures of the Headless Family. I wished I could have reached out and given her a big squeeze for passing this along to me but being so new at this blog thing I:

a) wasn't even sure she was giving it to me or just "tagging" me to let me know SHE got one (which would have been cool in itself since I do love her blog and she gives me such insightful REAL comments on mine) or
b) wasn't sure a big bear hug would have been overreacting and made her uncomfortable. So, I'll settle for a huge THANK YOU from the east coast to the west coast. And I will proudly display this award for all 20 or so eyeballs to see when they stumble across my blog.

In accepting this award I am also asked to list my 5 obsessions of the moment (LOVE that it fits into my whole list thing) and "tag" five other bloggers...

My obsessions

1. Denim. I know it's so superficial but really, truly, I am obsessed with it. I should clarify that my denim obsession stops at denim pants (or less formally "jeans"). I have no interest in denim shirts, jackets, vests, hats, shorts or upholstery. As a stay at home mom I can't really get so excited or vested in shoes or "real" clothes so my choice is denim or sweats... I have far too many pairs of jeans and to me they are ALL very different and for very different occasions. If only my legs were longer so I didn't have to add $20 to every pair of jeans I buy, THAT would help.

2. This blog. I care deeply for it. I cherish it. I think about it far too often, talk about it to far too many people and would pet it lovingly if it were something I could hold.

3. Tennis. I don't know if it's the actual activity or the fact that it's my only real escape during the week, but either way, I love smacking those balls around (and saying that I'm heading out to smack some balls feels good too). And now that the little skirts come with attached shorts it makes the fashion so much more palatable!

4. Marketing. Yes, I am one of those people who likes watching TV commercials. I read every billboard and have a comment about most new product introductions. After years of working on many brands in the beauty industry here are some tips: Maybelline, L'Oreal and Lancome are all the SAME company so therefore they have all the SAME products in different packaging. Save yourself some bucks and buy Maybelline. Suave REALLY is as good as the more expensive brands... again, same STUFF. Anti-Cellulite creams DON'T work... eat less instead.

5. My kids. If you read my blog, you know that already.

And now for the tagging:
- Liz from But then I had kids because I think we may have been separated at birth... or at least our kids were.
- NDM (or the little plastic toy with the baby bottle) from Not Drowning Mothering. I don't know if I love her or hate her... I laugh hysterically reading her blog and when I'm done I think, "Damn, I want to be that funny!"
- Tere from A Mom, a Blog and the Life In-Between because her blog is so real and so descriptive, you feel like she's talking to you.
- Mad Mom on a Mission I just started reading her blog but loved her last post as a letter to her husband that i thought was hysterical and right on for many of us... check it out!
- Swish and Swanky: Not like she needs this award but her blog is so a breath of fresh air for me. I love EVERYTHING she posts on her interior design blog. I read and leave murmering, "I want, I want, I want"...

Ok, the Acceptance Speech Award Music has been cued and I'm being dragged off the stage... Thank you!

3 comments:

Carrie @ Who Knew? said...

Congratulations!!!

Your blog IS fabulous!

Carrie :)

I can't find my blog said...

Cyber bear hugs are totally acceptable. Can't wait to check out who you tagged!

Liz Aguerre said...

YAY! I knew if you hung in there, you'd start seeing the feedback. I TOLD YA you were fab! Thanks for tagging me...do I have a job assignment now? =)Hannah and Ben were definitely separated at birth...maybe we should declare them betrothed?

Post a Comment

My Blog List



Mama's Drama Club

Put some faces to the names

Tim

Tim
Bringer of the Bacon

Mama

Mama
User of the Bacon

Luke

Luke
Bacon Thrower

Hannah

Hannah
Bacon Grabber

Followers