Foot Fetish


Dear Luke's feet:

Thank you. Thank you for the pure joy that you bring me every single day. So tiny, yet so much to love. Every single one of your ten little piggies, otherwise known as toes, are delicious. The way you make Luke laugh when I tickle you brings me happiness even on the most stressful of days. Thank you for allowing me to take you out of the warmth of Luke's socks every time I change his diaper and not smacking me in the face when I nibble on you just to hear his giggle.

Luke likes you too. He holds onto you when he lays in his crib. He claps you together as if you're his hands because it makes me laugh and I guess he likes my laugh as much as I love his. He watches you intently while he walks, causing him to run into walls, trees, curbs or anything else that may get in front of you. He gets a kick out of you as you crunch on the leaves beneath you. He likes to put you in every pair of shoes he sees, and clomp you around on the hard floors. Now that you are helping him run, he's even more fascinated by the way you move, so please be careful as you carry him faster and faster through the hallways of my house, the trails of the park and the sidewalks of the neighborhood.

I know you will grow and it will become harder for me to grab you for a tickle or a kiss. You may not continue to have the sweet baby smell that I cherish (I won't hold it against you if you even become a little stinky). You will move beyond walking and running and will busy yourselves with jumping, dancing, and kicking. You'll spend more time without shoes and lose your baby softness as you develop callouses. You may start stomping with Luke's frustrations or marching with his contempt. So, I will cherish the innocent, sweet time I have with you today, tomorrow and for as long as you'll let me. But always know, no matter how tired, sore, or worn you feel, mommy will always be here for a loving rub.

My sweet baby's feet. You are the object of my affection.

This post has been inspired by one of my favorite blog's, Mama's Losin It weekly Writer's Workshop. I needed a little inspiration and thought writing a love letter to the object of my affection was a great idea! It was choice #5.

3 comments:

Roxane said...

Oh I just LOVE baby feet!

Unknown said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwww. Congratulations on your beautiful baby! Very sweet post!

Lauren said...

So cute! Great post. :)
Stopping in from Mama Kat!

Post a Comment

My Blog List



Mama's Drama Club

Put some faces to the names

Tim

Tim
Bringer of the Bacon

Mama

Mama
User of the Bacon

Luke

Luke
Bacon Thrower

Hannah

Hannah
Bacon Grabber

Followers