Superficial Saturday

It's here again. Superficial Saturday (well now it's Sunday but pretend I actually finished this last night). And I'm thrilled because I'm tired and cranky and need to let off a little steam. What better way than to talk about fluffy nonsense? This will be a short one (thank god after yesterday's overdone, overwritten, run on, rambling post! But hey, I was lost in the moment!).


I don't need to use many words to get across what would make me (superficially) happy today. I'll just show you this.



I'm having 25 people over to my house this afternoon. Yes, you read that correctly. Twenty-five. That would be fourteen kids and eleven adults. Where they are all going to go is beyond me. But, you see, that, that house, and that YARD, would help.

And then of course, it brings me back to last week's request which I'm still waiting anxiously for:
Because if you know me, you know I won't be cleaning a house that size.

And for the party. I'd like this:



Because I'm not really in the mood to entertain. Because as you recall, I've been sick. For 3 weeks. And I'm not quite feeling my normal "entertainer" self.

I might actually go out and try to find a pair of these:


These would help me not hear the chaos that inevitably 13 kids will create in my too small for 13 kids house.

I'm also really hoping none of my guests come wearing one of these:

Christmas sweater. They'll get a serious eye roll from me if they do. The bow tie is a little over the top too... it's a barbeque for godsakes... t-shirts will do. And if someone does feel the need to wear a Christmas sweater before Thanksgiving, I really hope it won't be this tight. Form fitted Christmas sweater with bow tie is a Really. Bad. Look. in my fashion book.

So wish me luck. Think of me this afternoon. And know that I'll be trying out my list of the best ways to say "Goodbye!" when I'm ready for everyone to leave.

9 comments:

Melissa B. said...

I've often thought that I need a mansion like this, but then I think that I'd also have to clean it. Well, if I had a brigade of these maids...SITS sent me by, and I'm glad they did!

Not the Brightest Crayons in the Bunch

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, what I could do with that big bad house! It's funny b/c I have the same recurring dream of being in a house that is seemingly endless. I'm betting it looks kinda like that one on the outside:) IRL, we downsized and now live in a cottage. Believe me you, it's much easier to keep up and way less expensive to maintain!
Funny thing about those Christmas sweaters...I hear they have a party dedicated to the "ugly" buggers! I've always said I can't wait to be a grammy and wear all my seasonal blingy knits! I'll have some for every holiday...w/bunnies w/cupids & hearts, w/shamrocks.....I'll do it for the grandbabies, you know? LMAO!
Dropping in from the SITS rollcall!

Shell said...

Sign me up for a house like that...though I'd just take the maid, even for my small house.

And there are days when I think I need those headphones, just for my own 3.

Nicki said...

Have a great time!!!

Aidan Donnelley Rowley @ Ivy League Insecurities said...

We all owe it to ourselves to talk about fluffy goodness at least once a week (or day?) I am obsessed with my noise-canceling headphones. (What does that say about my parenting style?) And that house? Not too shabby.

Hope you have a fantastic time and hope you whip up a fun blog post about it!

Kelly Miller said...

Looking at a house of that size gives me slight anxiety about the energy bills and the upkeep. Sounds like I need to stop taking crap so seriously! ;) I went to a tacky Christmas sweater party a few years back. It was hilarious.

Sarah said...

Oh I am so happy for the fun, Becca. I am tired from my own weekend. And catching up. And tired. Oh, I mentioned that.

But the thought of some metrosexual dude showing up to my front door wearing that too-tight Christmas sweater, that is JUST what I need right now!

Anonymous said...

I used to live in St. Marys, GA, which incorporates Cumberland Island, which used to be owned by the Carnegies. There is an old mansion there that's being restored that looks so much like that picture (I thought for a moment it was the same house!). The inside is amazing. I've never seen so many bathrooms and closets in my life. And there's an indoor pool and squash court.

It's called Plum Orchard: http://www.nps.gov/cuis/planyourvisit/images/PlumOrchardMansion---BodyIm.jpg

BigLittleWolf said...

Nice mansion. Love the maid outfit! (Consider point pumps with toe cleavage...)

I love your "superficial" Saturdays or Sundays!

Post a Comment

My Blog List



Mama's Drama Club

Put some faces to the names

Tim

Tim
Bringer of the Bacon

Mama

Mama
User of the Bacon

Luke

Luke
Bacon Thrower

Hannah

Hannah
Bacon Grabber

Followers