Sugar Doll - My Messy Paradise

Ever have someone that you respect and look up to and ADORE give you a fantastic compliment?  One that makes you blush, look over your shoulder to be sure they're talking about you and then be left speechless?  This happened to me recently.  I have met some amazing blog friends over the past few months.  Women who write with a style that I could only dream of.  Women whose stories resonate with me and have me nodding my head in agreement with every word.  I talk about them with my family as if they are my real friends because I feel like I've gotten to know them and them me as well as or better than my real life friends.  One of these friends is Lindsey.  Lindsey writes an incredible blog called A Design So Vast.  I found her through another of my favorite blogs, Momalom.  I was attracted first to the way she wrote comments on Momalom's blog.  I always agreed with her comments so decided to check out her own stories on her blog.  Wow.  Every post I read impressed me more than the last.  The words she hand picks to illustrate her feelings are breathtaking.  Her stories are magnificent.  So when she honored me with a the Sugar Doll blog award.  I was speechless.  Who, me?  I skipped through that day, feeling like I had received the highest compliment I could have imagined.  It made me feel like writing the words I choose to write (as silly, dark or superficial as they may be) were heard and understood and well, LIKED!  Yay me!  And I now have to share 10 things about myself that you don't know.  It will be coming in the form of my New Years Resolutions.  Stay tuned!

So thank you Lindsey!  Thank you for giving me this Sugar Doll Award honor.  Coming from you it truly is just that - an honor.

And now it's my turn to pass it along to another blogger who I have come to love.  I haven't been at this blog writing thing for long, but in my short time I've come across a variety of types of writing and personalities.  This one I feel like I would be friends with if we lived down the street from each other.  She makes me laugh on most days with her anecdotes of her kids and family.  I usually think I could have written the same story about my family.  She is so REAL.  Her words ring true.  She makes me smile.  When I want a break from my drama, I go read about hers because it makes me feel better that I'm not the only one who it happens to.  She speaks the truth about her husband.  She is not shy about her pajama choices, she admits when she (thinks) she's being a bad mom (which she never is!).  She is LZ from My Messy Paradise.  And I promise, if you go read what she has to say, you'll want to be her friend too.  And now I'm thinking I shouldn't be telling you about her because I want to keep her for myself.  I'm selfish like that.  Although, it's too late because she already has a million friends.  But I'm a good fighter so I think I may be able to win a seat by her at a party if I'm ever lucky enough to be at a party where she is.

So congratulations LZ on your Sugar Doll Award... go share the love!  Pass it on to someone you love.  And then share 10 things we don't know about you.  I can't wait to read them!

11 comments:

Shell said...

congrats on your award!

I will go check out that blogger!

amber_mtmc said...

I completely agreed with Lindsey's decision to give this award to you! Congratulations! She is one of my favorite bloggers, and so are you!

I have been absent for a week and can't believe how much I have missed over here! (Can I include enough exclamation points?!!) I have much to catch up on.

TKW said...

Oh! I can't wait to check her out! Thanks for guiding us her way!

Lindsey said...

Yay! I am undeserving of your praise but really glad to hear you say that re: talking about us as real friends ... I do the same thing!
Nice to know I'm not alone in my world o' crazy.
Thank you for your exceedingly kind words.
Happy happy new year.
xo

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to check out your pick. Thanks, Becca!

Jen said...

Oh DAMN. I've been so out of the loop I missed YOUR TEN. And now I have some searching out to do.
Hope the New Year brings much happiness to you!

Liz Aguerre said...

Oh, how I remember once upon a time when you were wondering if you should quit this thing...this blogging that you were so concerned was not attracting enough people. HA! I believe an "I told you so" is appropriate here! =) Seriously, Becca, I am so glad for you, because since day one I have thought you were great. So glad others have figured it out too. (BTW, I am sooooo relieved to know I am not the only psycho who talks about my bloggie friends at home. Hubby knows a handful of you guys by name...as in "Becca from Drama for Mama says...")

LZ @ My Messy Paradise said...

Thank you, thank you! I am thrilled to have 'met' you and you SO deserve this award. Your blog is awesome! I feel the same way when I read each of your posts...I could have written them. Maybe not as eloguently - but I'm usually going through something similar!!
I can't wait to pass it on,but having a tough time choosing. Had I got it from someone else, it would have been you!
And thank you to everyone who has visited my blog - nice to meet you all!

BigLittleWolf said...

Well deserved, Becca! And looking forward to checking out "Messy Paradise" - the name alone has me hooked!

And happy new year!

BLW

www.privilegeofparenting.com said...

I like your spirit of appreciating—kids, friends fellow bloggers. Interesting how we find each other along wanderings and ramblings, each throwing what we need into the collective soup and taking some sips to nourish ourselves along the way.

Namaste

Kelly Miller said...

You definitely deserve the award. Congratulations!

Post a Comment

My Blog List



Mama's Drama Club

Put some faces to the names

Tim

Tim
Bringer of the Bacon

Mama

Mama
User of the Bacon

Luke

Luke
Bacon Thrower

Hannah

Hannah
Bacon Grabber

Followers